Top 10 maintenance and decluttering tasks you should consider before listing your house:
- Clean and declutter: One of the most important things you can do before listing your house is to clean and declutter every room. This will make your home look more spacious and appealing to potential buyers.
- Paint: If your walls are looking a bit tired or dated, a fresh coat of paint can work wonders. Neutral colors are always a safe choice.
- Repair any damage: Fix any holes in the walls, replace any broken tiles, and repair any other damage around the house.
- Update lighting: Replace any outdated light fixtures and ensure that all the bulbs are working properly. Use the same color/temperature bulbs throughout the house.
- Replace old hardware: Replacing old hardware on doors and cabinets can give your home a fresh look.
- Deep clean: Hire a professional cleaning service to deep clean your home, including carpets and upholstery. Pay close attention to door edges and light switches.
- Landscaping: Make sure your yard is well-maintained, with freshly trimmed grass, pruned shrubs, and colorful flowers.
- HVAC maintenance: Have your HVAC system serviced to ensure that it’s in good working condition. Can be a huge money saver.
- Check your crawl space and attics. These are places that are generally not seen and where the expensive repairs can show up. Check for leaks, moisture issues, standing water.
- Fix small issues: Take care of small issues such as leaky faucets, loose door handles, and squeaky hinges. These small issues can add up and turn off potential buyers.
By taking care of these maintenance and decluttering tasks before listing your home, you’ll be able to present it in the best possible light and appeal to a wider range of potential buyers. The Carmen Miller Group at EXP Realty can help guide you through the process and ensure that your home is presented in the best possible light. Contact them at www.carolinahomesearch.com or 803 828-7838 to learn more.
We Would Love To Hear Your Comments