Maximizing Curb Appeal
Before potential buyers even see what the home has to offer, they view its exterior. As a result, an unkempt or unattractive view of the outside of the home could potentially result in a missed opportunity. To show the house in its best light, consider the following:
- Move all materials, including garbage cans and gardening supplies, from the front yard and into a garage or shed.
- Mow the lawn and weed and maintain all planted areas.
- Replace any outdoor light bulbs that are not working.
- Sweep walkways and steps, and remove all small items from the porch or patio.
- Replace worn or badly stained doormats.
Inside the House
Once a potential buyer enters the home, they need to determine if it will meet their needs and expectations. Give them the best view of the home’s interior by following these steps:
- Remove the home of any clutter by limiting decorative objects and clearing all unnecessary appliances from the kitchen countertops.
- Rearrange or remove furniture to highlight the space in a room.
- Review each room and clean or vacuum if necessary.